Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Drinking Horse

A MAN in western attire went into a bar and asked for 30 martinis in a bucket. "What?" questioned the bartender, "Why would you want so many martinis?" "My horse likes them," replied the cowboy, "and he's tied to a parking meter out front dying of thirst. I want to surprise him." So the bartender got busy and came up with a bucket of martinis. "If you don't mind," he said, "I'd like to see this boozing horse with my own eyes." "Be my guest," said the customer, and the two went outside and placed the bucket by the horse, who drank deeply. "Darnedest thing I ever saw," said the bartender. "Why don't you come back in and I'll mix you a few on the house." "No, I couldn't do that," said the man. "But thanks anyway." "What's the matter?" asked the bartender. "Don't you like martinis?" "Love'em," replied the cowboy, "but I gotta drive."

No comments: