Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Misunderstanding

The homeowner was delighted with the way Peter had done all the paintwork on his house.

"You did a great job," he said as he handed Peter his fees. "Also, in order to thank-you, here's an extra 500 bucks to take the wife out to dinner and a movie."

Peter declined, saying, "No, I can't accept that."

"I insist," said the man. "It would make me very happy if you do it."

"Well," said Peter reluctantly, but with appreciation, "If you really don't mind it, I'll do it."

Later that night, the doorbell rang and it was Peter, standing there in clean clothes, holding a bouquet of flowers.

Thinking that Peter had forgotten something he asked, "What's the matter, did you leave something behind?"

"Nope," replied Peter. "I'm just here to take the wife out to dinner and a movie like you asked."

No comments: